The Dark Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All About Tournaments

3 posters

Go down

All About Tournaments Empty All About Tournaments

Post  Talonor Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Tournament Types

SEALED TOURNAMENT: Sealed tourneys give each player four packs, to construct a deck to use in the tournament to play other players. Before opening the pack the player has the option to choose if he wants to keep the cards or not. if you choose to keep them it cost more, but in my perspective it is more worth it because you can win money back. This tournament type can be good for lower levels since they are given random cards to play with.
*I highly recommend doing the gold pack tourney and paying to keep the cards.*

STANDARD TOURNAMENT: Standard tournaments lets you play other players with your own constructed deck, thus making the standard tourney one of the hardest most challenging tournament. In this tournament you are bound to encounter top tier decks from ogre spams to wall spam to azure reaper decks. I would not enter one of these tourneys until your deck has reached utmost perfection and you have completed almost all the mission and have most of the cards you want.

REWARDS For participating in the tournament you are guaranteed an uncommon card (out of a set of 5). if you are ranked higher then 50 you receive a rare card (out of a set of 5). if you place top 1% you receive either Hades or Apollo.

you can see the reward cards here--http://warmetal.wikia.com/wiki/Tyrant_Tournaments
Talonor
Talonor
Admin

https://darkbrotherhood1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

All About Tournaments Empty Any tips?

Post  jagoff Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:18 pm

I've entered 2 tournaments so far and have lost a considerable more than I've won. Any tips on deck construction when given noob cards? i.e. attack versus structures etc ...
jagoff
jagoff

Back to top Go down

All About Tournaments Empty Re: All About Tournaments

Post  skittlekiller Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:40 pm

was it sealed or standard?
skittlekiller
skittlekiller

Back to top Go down

Post  jagoff Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:34 pm

If sealed means that I received random packs, then it would be that one. I wouldn't dare play with my own noob deck Smile
jagoff
jagoff

Back to top Go down

Post  skittlekiller Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:15 pm

dont use all ur gold cards u get just since they are gold doesnt mean they r good put some meat shields and fast active play guys
skittlekiller
skittlekiller

Back to top Go down

Post  Talonor Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:48 pm

the main cards you are looking for in a sealed gold are atlas emp, tiamat, airstrike, missle silo. those are all very good cards to use and if you are lucky enough to pull them you should hit top 5%.
Some of the main points on the tourney are :
look at your cards some common cards could be useful, and not all rare cards are always good. avoid putting in cards that have faction only abilities if you don't have any good cards of the faction. for example- if you get blood pool but have no blood thirsty i would put it in your deck.

practice makes perfect keep on doing tourneys even if you keep on losing then you can see from other people what cards are good and what are bad. also if you keep on losing edit your deck and change it around a little bit.

know when to stop if you reached the top 10% and your deck isnt to good, and you just got lucky, then just stop because you could easily drop to the bottom if you keep on battling.
Talonor
Talonor
Admin

https://darkbrotherhood1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jagoff Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:52 am

Thanks Tal

Skittle - I'm not sure what your comment means, but I'm not using my own cards for tourneys.
jagoff
jagoff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum